What’s the diversity immigrant visa (green card lottery)? 

The Diversity Immigrant Visa program is a United States congressionally mandated lottery program for receiving a United States Permanent Resident Card. It is also called as the Green Card Lottery. The lottery is administered on an annual basis by the Department of State to provide for a new class of immigrants known as “diversity immigrants” [...]

Green card category: Family-based immigration 

If you have a relative who is already U.S. Citizen or U.S. permanent resident (green card holder), you also have a chance to get your green card through family-based category. Firstly, the relative type defined here should be your spouse, parents, child or siblings. Not all the general relative are qualified. According to the relative [...]

How to prepare EB2 NIW (National Interest Waiver) green card application 

NIW (National Interest Waiver) belongs to the second preference category (EB2) of the green card application. By proving the applicant’s work to meet the U.S. national interest waiver off workers and employers supported card application procedure . According to EB2 NIW (EB2-NIW) green card application criteria and requirements , NIW application is actually divided into [...]

EB-5 Immigrant Investor (EB-5 or EB5) 

Visa Description USCIS administers the Immigrant Investor Program, also known as “EB-5,” created by Congress in 1990 to stimulate the U.S. economy through job creation and capital investment by foreign investors. Under a pilot immigration program first enacted in 1992 and regularly reauthorized since, certain EB-5 visas also are set aside for investors in Regional [...]

Employment-Based Immigration: Fourth Preference (EB-4 or EB4) 

You may be eligible for an employment-based, fourth preference visa if you are a special immigrant. The following special immigrants are eligible for the fourth preference : Religious Workers Broadcasters Iraqi/Afghan Translators Iraqis Who Have Assisted the United States International Organization Employees Physicians Armed Forces Members Panama Canal Zone Employees Retired NATO-6 employees Spouses and [...]

Employment-Based Immigration: Third Preference (EB-3 or EB3) 

There are 3 categories in Thirdpreference EB-3 (or EB3) 1. Skilled Workers 2.Professionals 3.Unskilled Workers (Other Workers)   Description 1.Skilled Workers “Skilled workers” are persons whose job requires a minimum of 2 years training or work experience, not of a temporary or seasonal nature   2.Professionals “Professionals” are persons whose job requires at least a U.S. [...]

Criteria and requirements for EB2 (EB-2) PERM 

EB2 is the second preference of the general employment-based immigration catalog. A U.S. employer support is required for EB2 catalog. The employer is required to apply for a work permit to the Department of Labor (Labor Certification, referred to as LC), and post ad to prove that they can not find the american workers. Because [...]

Employment-Based Immigration: Second Preference EB-2 (EB2) 

There are general 2 categories in Second preference EB-2 (or EB2) based on weather labor certification required. 1. Labor Certification required (EB2-PERM) 2.National Interest Waiver, Labor Certification not required  ( EB2-NIW)   Description 1.Labor Certification required (EB2-PERM) There are 2 sub-catalogoes under this catalog. — EB2-PERM Advanced Degree— The job you apply for must require an advanced degree and [...]

Criteria for Multinational manager or executive EB1C 

EB1C is Multinational manager or executive, which is the first preference of employment-based immigration.You must have been employed outside the United States in the 3 years preceding the petition for at least 1 year by a firm or corporation and you must be seeking to enter the United States to continue service to that firm [...]

Criteria and Requirements for EB1B (EB-1B) Green Card 

EB1B is outstanding professor or researcher, which is the first preference of employment-based immigration.You must demonstrate international recognition for your outstanding achievements in a particular academic field. You must have at least 3 years experience in teaching or research in that academic area. You must be entering the United States in order to pursue tenure or [...]